Thursday, November 17, 2016

Pure Gold

I am sitting here thinking of an appropriate title for this post...and I just can't.  I am having conflicting feelings about things today.  My number one emotion for the majority of today has been sadness.  While at school this morning, I learned that the AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED assistant who works along side me in the classroom, is moving to help kiddos in another grade.  Cue the heavy heart.  Deep down, I knew this was coming.  I knew that one day I would be walking into school and I would receive this news.  Today was that day.  I am SO very happy for her because it means good and amazing things for her and her family.  Plus, honestly, she is incredible at her job. Any teacher would is lucky to have her.  So, we both knew that today was our last day together and we held it together well until the end of the day.  Then we both started crying and hugging and acting like we would never see each other again, even though she's only moving down the hall!  ;)

So why am I telling you all this?  Well, for a couple of reasons.  The first is to openly express my gratitude towards this beautiful soul.  I am so thankful that I got to spend the last year side-by-side with her and having her guide me through the crazy journey called Kindergarten!  It's a trip, y'all!  And any newbie needs as much support as they can get!  The second reason is because my first inkling with all of this news and our emotions at the end of the day, was to wave it off, push my feelings down, remembering I will see her next week and for the rest of the year, so it'll all "be ok."  But I didn't.  I sat with my emotions.  Expressed them all.  Yes, I know things will be ok.  That doesn't mean it still doesn't suck.  I sat at my desk, tears flowing, cleaning up to go home.  I knew I needed to FEEL all of this because if I didn't, I knew that sadness would eventually shift to stress, disappointment or even anger.  And THAT I do not want.
So the positivity I saw today was recognizing how grateful I am for her and that I am owning my journey and growth.  I am honouring my emotions and sitting with the crappy ones, even when I don't want to.  And this, my friends, is so vitally important to living a true and authentically happy life.

I love you and will miss you, my friend!  You are pure gold! xo

P.S.  The title came to me at the end. :)

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time for Re-birth!

Happy Spring and Day After Easter! I want to chat about what this time of year means for a hot minute.  Whether or not you are a Christian...