Sunday, November 13, 2016

Welcome!

Hello Beautiful Souls!
Welcome to my blog!  Starting this new adventure has been brewing in my mind for almost three years now.  I have finally come to sit in my (new!) office and just starting typing!


  • My name is Jen and I am 41 years young on this beautiful earth!
  • I have two kids...Matthew is almost 5 and Katie is 2 1/2.  They are the loves of my life!
  • I have been married to my wonderful hubby, Trevor, for seven years and he is my biggest cheerleader in everything I do.  
  • I live in Strathmore, Alberta, Canada
  • I am juggling many different roles right now...the main ones being mama, wife, Kindergarten teacher, yoga teacher and I am getting certified to be a Health Coach.  Whew.  That seems like a lot when I actually write it out!
I am starting this Balanced Souls blog for a few reasons.  I feel that as I am an "older" mama (as society may deem), I have a unique outlook on parenthood and what we, as moms, go through raising these little humans on a daily basis. 
 I also think that this blog will serve as a tool for me to express how so vitally important it is for women to go after all of their dreams, no matter how big or small, and no matter their age.  I became a yoga teacher at the age of 39 and now I am almost ready to get my Health Coach certification at the age of 41.  I truly believe that these two passions are my calling in this world.  I debated on whether to follow these dreams or just stay in my well paying teaching job on a full-time basis (I live in Canada, we are paid well here) that gives us great health benefits and a good pension.  In the end, dreams won out.  As they should.  For everyone.  I am so much happier now that I am living my true, authentic life!
I have struggled with anxiety and weight issues for as long as I can remember.  I am JUST NOW realizing what it means to LOVE myself 100%, no matter what the size of my jeans are.  I will be sharing A LOT of this on here.  We are always a work in progress, aren't we??

Balanced Souls came about as a result of me learning that we all need to focus on what inside our souls, accepting what is on the outside and being in love with all of it.  When we stop, be still and truly listen to what our souls are whispering to us, our true and authentic self will start to emerge. 

Good health and LOVE to you all!

Jen xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Time for Re-birth!

Happy Spring and Day After Easter! I want to chat about what this time of year means for a hot minute.  Whether or not you are a Christian...